Thursday, August 9, 2012

How Will You Survive?

Gary Bettman came out (of hiding) today to announce that if a deal is not struck between the two sides by September 15, there will be a lockout. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Naturally, panic is rising within all of us. I can feel my throat closing in anger and rage and my eyes starting to burn with tears - all at the mere thought of surviving another year without hockey. We've done it once before, and that was enough.

So how do we survive? There are options out there. And I could sit here and tell you what I personally plan to do, but that may not work for you.

So you tell me your ideas for surviving a lockout. They can be silly, serious, ridiculous, and anything in between.

Take up watching basketball? Sit in protest outside your team's arena and wait for tickets to go on sale? Start playing hockey in a recreation league? Make your basement into a bomb shelter and hide from the world for 365 days until hockey (hopefully) returns and act like nothing happened?

Tell me! Leave a comment on this article, or tweet me on Twitter (@franzenmuth). Because, in the words of Red Green, "I'm pulling for you - we're all in this together."

1 comment:

  1. cxl season tickets and encourange others to boycot buying tickets in the future, the fans support the system, and the system fucks the fans...... good job jackasses

    ReplyDelete