Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Budd Lynch Soundbites

Today has been a terrible day for hockey, especially if you're a Red Wings fan.

We were threatened with the Winter Classic being canceled all too soon. Then, we hear that Dominik Hasek has officially retired (which may be a relief to many fans who hated him and all the heart attacks he gave us during games). And to top it all off, one of the most iconic voices in Detroit, Budd Lynch, passed away this morning at the young age of 95.

Of course, Red Wings fans are devastated. I know I shed a few tears when I found out. And rather than reminiscing and discussing what a terrible loss this is for everyone, why not remember him by listening to his voice?

I have two soundbites for your downloading/listening pleasure (they are .m4a files since they are from my phone, FYI).

"Last minute of play in this period."

"Thank you, and...goodnight." (Feel free to agree and/or ignore my brother's comment after)

(*** If more are necessary, I have two videos I can add as well, one announcing the starting lineup, another announcing the three stars of the game.)

Rest peacefully, Budd Lynch. We know you're announcing games wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment