Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good Luck Charm

Do the Red Wings really want Game Six to be the last game they play at Joe Louis Arena? No. So I hope to the heavens above that this thought is on their minds.

My nerves are already killing me. And I have an exam this afternoon that I am so not going to be concentrating on. I hope the Wings' nerves aren't this bad or else we're doomed. But they're professional players and more than a handful of them have been in Game Sevens.

Can we win tonight? Absolutely. Will we? Hell if I know. That's why I'm pulling out all of my good luck charms. They are as following:

1. Wearing my Franzen jersey. I bought it and it came in the day before Franzen came back from his injury in February. I wore it to the games against Ottawa, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Edmonton. Therefore, it is undefeated. While the Mule hasn't done much in this series and I'd rather wear my Filppula jersey, Filppula lost against the LA Kings when we had a 2-0 lead going into the third.

2. Flying the Wings car flag on my car. I've been doing this, but I got a little carried away after the last victory and kept it on. I can only fly it on game days and the day after.

3. Andy Capp's Hot Fries. These were the good-luck chips of our 2008 Cup run. Hell, I made a run out to 7-11 during the second intermission of Game Seven last June because I was hoping they were still lucky. So that tainted them, but I went out and bought them for the first time this season for Game Five and that worked out well. So, go out and get a bag of Andy Capp's Hot Fries. And make sure you have something to drink next to you. Don't stop eating them, no matter how on fire your mouth is.

So maybe that isn't the biggest list of good luck charms, but it's what has worked for me in the past. Pull our your own charms, Wingnuts. You really don't want the season to be over tonight, do you? I know I don't.

PS - Top-Rated Shuffle: #342/1496 - Future Games - Fleetwood Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment