Saturday, May 22, 2010

Red Wings Comics

Let it be known that I draw ridiculous (and sometimes stupid) Red Wings comics. This is probably news to you if you haven't read my Blogspot profile or are extremely forgetful.

It all started last April when two friends and I started dorkily planning a "What our wedding would be if we could marry Red Wings players." I was marrying Ozzie, one was marrying Filppula, and the other was marrying Filppula's brother, Ilari. The things we came up with were hilarious, like Babcock officiating and Datsyuk doing the readings, and a cake shaped like the Stanley Cup.

So I started drawing it. If you're really interested in it, you can see it over at Livejournal here, but you'll have to join. Anyway, because of this, it branched out into ridiculous comics, like Babcock's Red Wings GPS Tracker and the new look of the drawings when I finally got a tablet.

I finally finished another comic today. It was inspired by a friend's misread of a pizza company. Therefore, I drew Bertuzzi's Pizza. [You'll have to click on it to see the whole thing bigger.]


As you can see, they're pretty pointless, but can bring some laughs, especially if I'm really in the mood to work on them. And they are drawn crappily. By no means am I trying to be a super awesome artist. I draw them for the lolz.

Do the Red Wings know about this comic? Well, seeing as how I gave Jimmy one about him and Ozzie being BFFs and I gave Filppula one about him being SuperFil the Superhero, I would say no. Because they probably laughed at how terrible they were and threw them out.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment